Thursday, September 23, 2010

Let Me In... [Let The Right One In - Remake]

Nope, I haven't seen it yet droogies, but after seing yet another trailer I'm declaring it dead!



Sure it will probably work fine in the Unitedstates of Dumbasses as they obviously took the decicion to make it "horror for dummies" and have Abby explain that she needs blood to live.


"I Need blood... ...to live"
Way to go fools, stomp allover the unique reason the first one works so well.


The fact that they never declare what Eli is in the original - although people suspect it, and Oscar asks her in the scene recreated in that trailer - nobody ever confirms that it's a vampire.

Now don't get all worked up, I'm sure that the movie will do just fine, but it's not going to be the suave classic that the Alfredsson flick certainly is, and I'll most likely watch it due to the Hammer connection. Oh and because I like the original so much that I have to give the remake the benefit of the doubt. But as said, with that trailer in mind, I'm kinda questioning it allready.

Anyways, here's some stuff that I've written on the original previously and also a second chance to check out the interview I did with author John Ajvide Lindqvist about his books.

-On Children and Horror.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LAT DEN RATTE KOMME IN is one of my favorite films. I love it for all the things the US version is sure to change. They even screwed up the title, totally obliterating the message implied in the origional.

CiNEZiLLA said...

Yeah it is a fantastic movie indeed. Although I seem to recall that the original translation of the English book version was called "Let me in" too as it is a reference to a Morrissey lyric. Which more than often reocurr in Ajvide's work.

:)

Jack J said...

I ha-rrr-te ["hate" with rolling arse, I mean R's, LMAO] the Amerikkans zo much! (said in heavy eastern European accent). I ha-rrr-te th-rr-em!!

Haha.

You're (obviously) right. Their remakes are films for dummies. I love ORIGINAL American films but tons of these remakes are made because the film companies think the ordinary American Joe can't understand anything unless it's spelt out to him. And made "good". The ending of SPOORLOOS (The Vanishing) simply HAAAD to be good. You could not have a bad ending. I ha-rr-te the Americans so much, haha. Or at least their dumb film makers.

CiNEZiLLA said...

Oh fuck you had to bring up Spoorloos didn't you. I had just managed to forget how they screwed that one up, and BANG there you go...

But yeah, there is some amazong original stuff, so I don't know why they have to popconrinfy everything for a dumb audience, as there is no such thing as a dumb audience. Tell your story in the right way and people will get it!

It's not much harder than that!

Jack J said...

Uhh, I wouldn't go that far. I think most people are pretty dumb.
Like a while back someone rang my door bell; I answered the door and this guy goes: "Can I bother you for this questionnaire?".

Me: No, sorry, I'm not interested.

Guy: Are you sure?

Me: Yes.

Guy: It won't take very long.

Me: I'm not interested.

Guy: Can I come back when you're not so tired?

Me Eh, I'm not tired, I'm just not interested.

Guy: Do you think she might be? [points to my neighbour's door].

[I]"People ain't no good"[/I]
- The Cramps

Anonymous said...

ICON (aka Mel Gibson) and Hammer, what a dumbass combination. Det intressanta här är ju att ingen Svensk distributör ännu lagt vantarna på den. Jag vet att Scanbox nosade på den, men de tog den inte. En livsfarlig grej, eftersom originalet gick så bra här. Den lär dock komma på dvd senare. Även om den är bra - är den helt DÖD på bio här.

/SNY.

Disney Star Wars and the Kiss of Life Trope... (Spoilers!)

Here’s a first… a Star Wars post here.  So, really should be doing something much more important, but whist watching my daily dose of t...