Sunday, October 03, 2010

Fantastic Film Festival 2010

So, I just spent three fantastic days in Lund at the Fantastic Film Festival.

Gave one lecture – Horror Storytelling at the Lund Film Accademy

Saw two movies - Simon Rumley’s disturbing and brilliant piece Red, White & Blue and Yorgos Noussias’s zombie comedy Evil in the Time of Heroes.

Talked with three filmmakers – Jake West, Simon Rumley and Sarah Caldwell (Who also writes for us on ConstructingHorror.com)

Hung out with loads of friends, fellow geeks and colleagues – Kim Newman and Phillip Bergson among them.

Had a great time in other words. A small, but wonderful little festival, that I certainly want to go back to next year… as a visitor and not a guest there to work. Because there where a lot of interresting movies that I unfortuntately missed.


If anyone wants’ to see the lecture that my mate Steve and I gave, drop me a mail and I’ll send you a link to the feed which was aired live over the net.

With all that out of the way, I can get back to focussing on stuff that’s been neglected!

Stay tuned.




3 comments:

Jack J said...

So, I take it you didn't capisce a word of the Danish dialect they speak there?

CiNEZiLLA said...

Aha! So that's what all those gargled sounds where! :)

Aylmer said...

I'm really looking forward to RED WHITE AND BLUE. THE LIVING AND THE DEAD is one of my favouite "little" movies in the last few years. It blew my mind when I saw it.

Disney Star Wars and the Kiss of Life Trope... (Spoilers!)

Here’s a first… a Star Wars post here.  So, really should be doing something much more important, but whist watching my daily dose of t...